EXPERIENCED VETERINARY TECHNICIAN
Experienced Veterinary Technician wanted for a busy Center City Philadelphia. PA animal hospital. Must have excellent technical skills, as well as good communication and interpersonal skills. We are looking for a team player open to new ideas, willing to learn, and able to do what it takes to get the job done.
Saturday and/or Sunday shifts mandatory
Must have 2-3 years TECH experience
- Able to draw blood from jugular, cephalic and saphenous veins
- Able to place IV catheter in cephalic and saphenous veins
- Capable of taking high quality lateral and VD radiographs of abdomen, chest, pelvis, and extremities
- Accurate record keeping of medical records, lab, and radiograph logs
- Able to set up and read fecal, urine sediment, and ear cytology slides.
- Knowledge of preventative care including: canine & feline vaccinations, neutering benefits, and dental care; able to intelligently discuss these topics with pet owners.
Knowledge of Impromed Infinity software a plus
experience monitoring anesthesia a plus
*experienced candidates ONLY need apply.
Send resume with references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
WANTED – RECEPTIONIST (we are currently not hiring for this position)
We are looking for a Part Time receptionist – weekend shifts are required.
Receptionists are the customer relations experts in a veterinary practice. They are the client’s first impression, on the phone or in person. Receptionists must be well spoken; possess strong organizational skills; excellent telephone and in-person communication skills, and the ability to remain calm under pressure. Receptionists must have compassion for animals and their owners, and understand the stress that patients and clients endure. They must demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills, and must be able to work closely and effectively with other hospital staff.
- answers all incoming phone lines by the 3rd ring
- greet clients as soon as they enter the building
- ensures smooth flow of all hospital and boarding appointments
- make sure all information, including referral source and email address, is entered properly into the computer
- responsible for ensuring that the cash drawer is properly filled and all monies are accounted for
- pull charts for the day’s appointments
- take orders for pet food as necessary
- responds to clients questions quickly, courteously, and accurately.
- invoicing of patients for examinations, surgeries, and medications
- knowledgeable of flea, tick, and heartworm preventatives
- has a basic understanding of vaccinations and neutering benefits
If interested, please forward your resume with references to: email@example.com
We are a Drug-Free Workplace, and as such, any job offer will be contingent upon results of a Background Check and Drug Screening Test on the applicant.